Skin Application Tips
日本語 - シールの貼り方
Instant makeover and personalize your device is as easy as 123 with DecalSkin! For best results and to guarantee proper bonding between DecalSkin and your device, be sure to follow our application tips below. If you also purchased a screen protector, have your screen protector in place before begin with the application process. To get started, wash your hands with soap and clean your device with a clean, dry towel. Any dirt, oil, fingerprint, or residue beneath the skin can damage the adhesive backing and result in DecalSkin loosening over time
Step 1: Inspect your skin carefully so you know which piece goes where. Carefully peel DecalSkin from its liner and be sure not to stretch any part of it. Position DecalSkin over you device and ensure any windows on the skin are aligned with the appropriate areas on the device. A good starting point is where a few buttons are close together or along the corner edges of the LCD screen.
Step 2: Firmly press DecalSkin from the middle out towards the edges and run your finger over any air bubbles or wrinkles to allow them to be pressed out from the air-release channeled adhesive under the
Step 3: Repeat step 1 and 2 for all parts of the skin.
For Universal Laptop, Netbook, DVD Player Skin:
Measure the length and width of the top surface of your device. If adjustment is needed, cut the skin to fit your laptop with a sharp scissors or a sharp blade or a sharp scissors. Follow Step 1 and 2 from above.
Tips: You may apply a thin layer of water or glass cleaner to the adhesive side of the skin to prevent it from bonding too quickly to the device’s surface. This method will allow time to reposition the skin without stretching it, and it is especially helpful when applying on large devices such as PS3, Xbox, Wii and Laptop. If you use this method, keep pressing down the skin until it is completely dry before you apply any other parts of the skin to the device.
- DO NOT STRETCH THE SKIN. The skin will not fit correctly if any part of the skin are stretched, especially along the narrow side of the skins.
- DO NOT USE GLUE. The skin comes with self-adhesive backing. Using additional glue will only damage your device.
- DO NOT USE ANYTHING STRONGER THAN WATER WHEN CLEANING YOUR DEVICE
- DO NOT USE WATER OR LIQUID DIRECTLY ON THE DEVICE ITSELF.
- DO NOT USE AMMONIA OR SOLVENT BASED CLEANERS ON THE SKIN AS THEY MAY DETERIORATE THE HIGH GLOSS PROTECTIVE COATING.